Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Eleven

Today I have been married for eleven years! After eleven years Jim and I have:
Five children
Moved six and half times
Bought a brand new minivan filled every seatbelt and pretty much worn it out (80,000 miles)
Gone on a total of three over-nighters without the children (scary!)
Spent over $2,500 in babysitting
A few of my favorite together times:
1996-97: Hiking Mt. Washburn in Yellowstone
1997-1998: Walking the Kona, Hawaii boardwalk with Gracie
1998-1999: Watching Jim just about pass out as they try to put an epidural in for Miri’s birth, and hearing him say, “Are you okay, Kim”.
1999-2000: Having Jim teach me how to ski
2000-2001: Moving to Chicago together, driving our 52 ft moving van across the states. And of course having Anna.
2002-2003: Seeing Jim get accepted to Northwestern’s Ph. D. Business program
2003-2004: Having little James. Visiting "The Farm" in Door County Wisconsin
2004-2005: Going to the Opera and Pete Miller’s steakhouse
2005-2006: Having little Maggie, (including our walk along the golf course before she was born)
2006-2007: Jenny Lake and our hike to the waterfall, Mackinaw Island, Wingaersheek Beach and Mt Auburn Cemetery
I love you, Jim! It just gets better!

4 comments:

Robs said...

I love this post! Where did you find the number 11? I'm shocked that you didn't put anything about picking up my IKEA shelf in Utah and driving it back to me...I owe Jim big time for that! Congrats on 11 years! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 11 years of bliss--not to mention all the stuff in between. You and Jim make an awesome couple. You make being parents and having a family look so fun and easy!!!! Good team work! Love you both, mom

ellen said...

What a nice tribute!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that I haven't had time to check your blog! I am so glad that I am able to do it now. It is well worth my time.