Friday, November 16, 2007

Out on the Town

Finding a babysitter is virtually impossible for us; so is going on a date. This month it was our good fortune to have Grandma Gina and Papa come to visit. What a treat for us all. Jim and I took advantage of this opportunity and went on some really fun "outings". We discovered Boston, via the Duck Tours and then wandered around Beacon Hill after a lunch at Quincy Market. Later that week we visited the Boston Opera House where Wicked was playing. Great musical. Unfortunately I paid twice as much as I should have for the tickets. Uggh! Once I got past that kick, I was able to enjoy the musical and the bag of Boston Baked Beans that Jim and I were sharing. What a delight it was to be with Jim. I love him.

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry must have had an ugly wife. I love to gaze right at you...into your beautiful eyes...

Unknown said...

Thanks GGina and Pops, we did have a blast.

Anonymous said...

I love Boston Baked Beans--and, Boston! Lucky for you and Jim to have been able to have some together time in a world moving so fast. I love your quotes, Kim, where do you find so many good ones!

Robs said...

I would have paid twice as much for the Wicked tickets. I LOVE WICKED. I wish I could have gone w/ you guys. I love Boston and Boston Baked Bean. Way fun date.

Gracie said...

Double thumbs up! I am so sad that I couldn't go to Wiched with you though. Once again, great blog!