Monday, November 12, 2007

The Head of the Charles Regatta

In October, there is a giant rowing contest on the Charles called, The Head of the Charles Regatta. We went down to Cambridge to enjoy the festivities. Our children were in seventh heaven with all of the free give outs from the various sponsors. James loved it and being the three year old that he is, he left with his arms completely filled with a bunch of trinkets that he had no idea what their use was. He just knew that “he who leaves with the most trinkets, wins”. Believe me, he won.

Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons. ~Author Unknown

7 comments:

Miriam said...

i Love your bolg!!!my favorite part was the one about james and the toys can not wate to hear the one about susan-grace's birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracie said...

I loved that about James! I personally think that I won too but no matter!I still give your blog a double thunbs up!

Anonymous said...

I really love the picture of James and the quote on childhood. The "Charles" and the boats looked awesome. Dad was right about making an effort to see them! Again, wish I were there with you! I love Boston and the surrounding area.

Unknown said...

I dont know if you were talking about the little James or the big James... it must have been the little James because I still had some room in my left hand :)

Robs said...

LOVE the picture of James. Whoever is taking these pictures needs to take some of my kids at Christmas!

Unknown said...

Kim, I finally figured out how to get in here. It only took half my morning. Your blog is too cute and makes me feel incredibly inadequate. I noticed that you made your last comments at 7:58 in the morning. You amaze me! I'm barely dragging my tired miserable self out of bed at that time. I love all your pictures and the halloween story about the stairs and the toys. Love ya Natalie

Unknown said...

Okay Kimber I finally got in. I loved the whole thing. I'm proud of you for keeping us posted on life in Boston and the Oldroyd family life. You're the best.
Grandma Gina