Saturday, November 17, 2007

Grandma Gina and Papa Visit Boston

Grandma Gina and Papa are great fun to have around. They make nice company. No matter how much food I have in the fridge, Pops isn’t content until food is bursting out of the kitchen seams. The day after they got here, we went shopping and he bought lots and lots of food. Pops discovered Wilson Farm and I think he bought every type of fruit bread they carried. The paradox is that after he bought all this food, he asked, “Where’s the best Mexican restaurant?”
Grandma Gina loves Christmas. There is no one I know that loves Christmas like Grandma Gina does. This year is extra special because during the holiday we will be celebrating Pop’s 70th birthday. Grandma is absolutely ready for all of this fanfare and has let every grandchild and their parents in on decorating for the grand event. While Grandma Gina was here, each of us made our own stocking to be hung by the fireplace and decorated our own plates to set on the dinner table. What an impressive feat, Grandma! She has twenty-five grandchildren.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pops we are still eating the food, although I think after two weeks we finally have just about polished it all off.

PS ask Grandma Gina where this picture was taken. She ran up a few stairs to get here. Go - Grandma

Unknown said...

The bad news is we did not find any good Mexican.... Ah, the quest continues.

Anonymous said...

I'll think I'll invite Pops to stay at my house! And, I could use some creative ideas from Grandma Gina.

Miriam said...

Why dose evry body think that margretas is groce it is delishos

Gracie said...

It was so wonderful that you always make blogs. I love to read them!