Sunday, December 2, 2007

Five

My friend Behka tagged me. So here goes:
Five things I was doing ten years ago:
1. Starving. I didn’t dare eat anything because I had just had my first baby and she cried all the time. Everyone told me it must be because I was eating this or that and it was bothering her. Finally it came down to Rice. That was all I could eat. She still cried… all the time.
2. Working as a home health nurse about ten to twenty hours a week.
3. Running. I miss that.
4. Pretending to cook. I was the worst cook. I have gotten a little better over the years.
5. Waiting to be a home owner (I’m still waiting).
Five things that I will never wear again:
1. My wedding dress
2. My hair in a French twist
3. Headgear in public
4. A cheerleading uniform (unless Jim wears one too)
5. Maternity clothes????????
Five snacks I like:
1. Carrot cake (dessert?)
2. Tomatoes with cottage cheese and potato chips (ridges only, please)
3. Apples
4. Grapes
5. Cucumbers with vinegar
Five things on my “to do” list:
1. Christmas cards (we have a love/hate relationship)
2. Pack for Korea (I just bought four new pieces of luggage; it made me feel way adventurous)
3. Write my November journal
4. Play UNO with James
5. Read The Friend with Anna
Five songs I know the lyrics to:
Lyrics? This one is tough, Primary songs aside, I'm a "Chorus only" kind of song memorizer, that way when the song wakes me up in the night, it can just keep going and going. Here's a few of my favorite insomniacs.
1. Go, Go, Go, Joseph (I think that’s the name) (Joseph and the Amazing…) 2. Roll your Arms (Thank you Maggie)
3. This is the Song that Never Ends (Thank you Andrew)
4. Beethoven’s Mandolin Piece, Beethoven’s Wig Version (Once a pretty young girl was rovin'…) I highly recommend this song to those of you who don’t know it or haven't been woken in the night by a repetative song. This one has a nice fast edge to it.
5. High School Musical (This is the start of something new...) Thank you, Anna
My five favorite toys:
1. Jim’s Nikon camera, love it!
2. Maggie’s stroller (does it count for a toy? I can push it with one finger and fold it up with one hand?)
3. MIT’s loner laptop
4. my circular knitting needles
5. Anna’s memory game

Natalie, Emily, and Robilyn, TAG! Your "IT"! (no touch backs).

9 comments:

behka said...

Kim,
Love it! What would be extra cool is if you could get into a maternity cheer outfit!
I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since we met as neighbors in those old apartments. What fond memories!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I loved reading the answers to the questions. You really did just about starve yourself (and Susan and Miri!!!!!!!!!!--I think). You were beautiful in your wedding dress--you may want to try it on sometime! You're right about the hair--never again. I'm sure you would still fit in your cheerleading outfit and look just as cute as you did back in high school. Jim on the other hand? I miss running too. Love you, mom

Unknown said...

Oh Kim. You exhaust me. Were do you find the energy? Were do you find the creativity? Were do you find the time? I spent a whole hour trying to sign into this blog. It kept telling me my password was incorrect, when I knew it was!!! GRRRR!! Then on like the 12th attempt it lets me in. What's that about? Are you in cahoots with this website to drive me insane? What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, I was pregnant just like I am now. I'm so done being pregnant!! 10 years from now I hope to be skinny and full of energy! I can dream, right? Anyway cute blog, but I'm much to tired to try and pull something like this off. Love ya, Natalie

Unknown said...

A few points of correction:
1) the memory game is yours Kim NOT Anna's. You may pretent that it is hers but we all know you love it.
2) I catch you singing Babalyon songs all the time on Sunday so dont pretend you are not a Rocker/Headbanger.
3) I am glad to hear the French twist is out...too bad it was ever worn. If you weren't so dadgum pretty it could have wrecked our wedding pictures.
4) You mean play UNO with me. I am still down 3 games to 1 and I plan on catching up.

Kim said...

Loved the comments! Please keep them coming.

behka said...

Now I am dying to see you in your wedding dress and your hair in a french twist! Can you post those?

Robs said...

Oh the French Twist...what were you thinking? Oh wait you weren't! You pulled it off though! I think you looked beautiful in your dress (remember it was 11 years ago styles have changed!) I love this. I'll have to post my answers. I love your blog! Like the name change too. Now come up with something witty for the Lake Family Blog Debut!

Gracie said...

LOVE IT! So awesome! I might even go here before Webkinz world! Maybe I sould do this in my Journal. LOVE IT!

Miriam said...

love the blog i wish so bad I could see you in the French twist!!!!