Saturday, December 15, 2007

Quarter Back

Have you seen any of these hot off the press Utah Quarters!?
My dad, the avid collector, is looking for at least 13 of these 2007 Utah quarters. My dad and I have many things in common, one is we like complete sets. You could say we are obsessive compulsive about complete sets. Who isn't? My obsession hasn't broadened to collector's items like my dad's has; I have stuck with the genre of "children's toys".
Anyway, I would dare say that my dad has thought about these quarters at midnight, 3 a. m., 6 a. m., 9 a. m.... I would even dare say that by the time I publish this, he has collected all thirteen quarters. But, as a kindred spirit of his, I thought I would try and help him out, just in case he is still looking.

6 comments:

Miriam said...

i love your blog this one is very insrting i wish i colected stuff.

Gracie said...

I loved this! I think that the next blog should be on this blizzard here. By the way, thank you for playing in the snow with me two days ago! Papa, could you show me your whole collection of coins when I get there?

Unknown said...

looks like for $4 you can have it all done for you. I am not sure if this "cheating" takes out all the fun, but it sure would save a lot of time. http://www.uiecu.org/asp/services/service_5_1.asp

Kim said...

Touche James!

gloria said...

I don't know if he has all the quarters yet or not. I didn't know he wanted 13--I'll have to ask him. And, yes, Gracie, I'm sure he would love to show his quarter collection!

alese said...

I bet David's Dad has them in rolls untouched by human hands. I know it takes all the fun out of it so we will start looking too.

By the way will you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me do my laundry. I need help and I just keep getting more and more behind...help...