Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gracie's Tenth Birthday

Grandma Gina and Papa were here for Gracie’s birthday, too. We went down to the Museum of Science. We had a great time there. At noon Grandma Gina and Papa brought the little ones home and Miriam and Gracie and I rode the train back down to the museum. The problems all started when we were trying to find our way from the Mass General Hospital train stop back over the highway and along the river to the museum. Everything seemed to lead to a dead end so I took matters into my own hands and started off down a path that I knew would lead right to where I wanted to go. Gracie tried to stop me, “Mom, Mom, there’s a sign back there that says, ‘No Trespassing’”. My reply, “I don’t think so.” It wasn’t long before we were on an island in the middle of a freeway with cars racing around us at 60 miles per hour. Scary. Ooops. As JRR Tolkien puts it, “Short cuts, make long delays”.
Once we finally made it back to the museum, the highlights for me were the weather show where they made it snow inside and watching the girls at the self-videoing station. Happy Birthday, Gracie!

11 comments:

ellen said...

Was that the same day you took the cab?!

Unknown said...

Looks like all her fun happened without me. Boo hoo

behka said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! I love 10!Kim what's the Kountdown to Korea? Its close, isn't it?

Robs said...

Kim we are both directionally and spatially retarded! I'm glad you found your way back home! I wish I could have come see you in Boston! Sounds like you guys have had a great 6 months there! Happy 10th birthday Gracie!

Gracie said...

I was thinking that maybe we were going to be stuck (forever) on that island in the middle of the freeway. I thought maybe we would starve or thirst to death. It was still a great day. Don't forget the nice taxi driver that saved us.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. that free way part was scary i was wonedering if we would ever get across,lukuly that taxi let us by!

Anonymous said...

okay Kim, A quote by JRR Tolkien? The Lord of the rings dude? Were do you find this stuff? Are you really that well read? OHHHHHH, I'm sooooooo inadequate!! You should see the light wires on my christmas tree. Tack bomb, you got a quote for that? (smile) Happy Birthday Gracie!! 10 years old, were did the time go? Love ya, Natalie P.S. Thanks for unlblocking your blog! You had to have the word seoul in your new address though, didn't ya? Like I'm gonna remember how to spell that. So basically it's just a whole new set of problems. (Ya got a quote for that?)

alese said...

There's nothing like having your kid know more than you! It always makes me feel so 'humbled' when that happens. Happy Birthday Gracie! Sounds like your mom takes you to fun places. Oh, and I'm with nattybrun, are you really that well read?

gloria said...

OK, here goes again. I hope you don't get lost in Seoul. At least here you could read and understand the language. You might want to listen to Gracie!!! Happy Birthday Gracie. You and I are getting sooooooo old!!!

Unknown said...

I love your blog. Your pictures are great and your quotes are the best!!!

this is why i don't have a blog... i cant live up to yours.

Unknown said...

how come there is a garbage can icon by my comment? It wasn't that bad was it?