Friday, January 4, 2008

Seoul Day 2

Seoul Day 2: January 4, 2008
My day was much better. It went like this:
4:30-6:30: Susan Grace and James struggle with residual jet lag.
6:30-9:00: found a box of Cheerios in back room. We eat Cheerios.
9:00-10:30: we wait for the babysitter to come. She was an hour late. Thankfully the driver waited and didn’t ditch me.
10:30-2:00: Costco trip.
My “borrowed” driver’s name was Kang. He’s a Korean man in his fifties. He saved my life today. He drove me to Costco and waited for me to load up $700 worth of food (two very full and heavy carts full). He then helped me out to the car and lifted all of the boxes into the car, while I tried to help. He then drove me back to my “soon to be home” while I dropped off a few things that I wouldn’t be needing until we moved in. Because of the language barrier, he thought I was taking everything up to my place, so he unloaded the entire car. He was sweating when I got back down. We loaded the car back up and drove back to the place we are staying in until our goods clear customs. Then once again, Kang unloaded the car and helped me up to my place with the massive amount of groceries. Thank you, Kang. Somehow, I don’t know if I’ll ever understand how, God used him to answer prayers.
2:00-3:30: Put away groceries.
3:30-5:30: I made Ziti. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed cooking so much. My kids loved it too.
I love Costco. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. Love to you, Kim

5 comments:

gloria said...

I'm so thankful my grand kiddos have something to eat besides bread, eggs, and oranges. Thank you Kang and Costco! Kim, you are so brave and faithful. I have so many questions. I hope we can talk soon. Love, mom

Robs said...

It was so great to talk to you and Gracie yesterday! Thank heavens for Costco! I don't even have one of those! What different worlds we live in. I live in the middle of no where in farm herdsman country and you live in KOREA! I'm so happy you got to make Ziti and finally eat! Thank you Kang and Costco! We are praying for you and thinking about you! I'll call you again tonight. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, I'm so happy you were able to fill up 2 big carts with yummy food!! Bon Appetite'! I love you and could just hug Kang! Natalie

Gracie said...

I loved the second day much better as well. The babysitter was nice. I didn't know Kang unloaded everthing and had to reload it!

Nic@Nite said...

So I am Robilyn's friend, Nicole- remember me? Anyway, I have tears streaming down my face and a knot in my stomach thinking about your day to day things you are doing. Good luck with everyting! I hope you don't mind if I check back often to see how you are doing. I will be thinking and praying for you and your kiddos.