Friday, October 23, 2009

Poetry in my Backyard, Part II

The Road Less Traveled.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference.

5 comments:

gloria said...

I like this poem too. I often think of how you chose the road less traveled. Good for you. Hard as it is to travel, it will make all the difference.

Em said...

I love this poem. Are those cherry blossems?

NatalieBee said...

I'm starting to see that Korea is truly a beautiful place. I guess I better start saving up my won so I can come see you. :)

Becky said...

Beautiful. Good job at keeping your eyes open to your surroundings. And, it's so fun to see you guys with a big family of cute little kids. I just think back to how fast life goes by,...my "fancifree" days...and I think, just look at us now, raising all these awesome little kids. Love it.

Miriam said...

I love the moutain and that poem.
Love the Blog