Friday, October 23, 2009

Persimmons

A few months ago, my good friend sent me a package of Sure-Jell fruit pectin; a thoughtful and wise surprise. I've never made jam or jelly before and so I smiled and put it in my cupboard knowing that I had a "food" adventure ahead and that this pectin would come in handy because I had no idea where or how to find pectin here.
Last week, Jim said, "I don't like persimmons, but I think they might make a good jam". I couldn't help but think that this was my chance to try out the Sure-Jell on a very popular fruit in Korea. I googled persimmon jam, added a bit of cinnamon to the recipe and it worked! It has a nice, sweet, taste of Autumn.

4 comments:

gloria said...

Persimmons, huh? I bet your jam is delicious on your homemade wheat bread. You should start your own cooking show!

Beth said...

Maybe you will one day become famous for coining the phrase "When life gives you persimmons, make jam!"

I love homemade! Congrats on your experiment.

NatalieBee said...

What is a persimmons? Never heard of it. Don't think I'd like it. You are such a homemaker. You put me to shame.

Becky said...

how adventurous are you? wow- so much to do and still you are making jam for the first time in Korea.