Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Just Going to Bite My Tongue

Saturday afternoon James was running here and skipping there and then he made a B-line trot for the stairs, and smack! He tripped. His tongue just so happened to be out of his mouth and he swears it caught on the stairs. The only logical explanation we can come up with is that he bit his tongue. And he bit it hard. Blood was dripping out of his mouth and he was really upset. We took him to the emergency room and the oral surgeon had to put four stitches in.
Since then, I have wondered, "Is it possible to trip on your tongue?"

3 comments:

gloria said...

What a trauma. That tongue looks so sore. It hurts just to look at it. Just biting your tongue a little hurts like the dickens, let alone biting it half way off. You get the grand prize James! I feel so bad for you. Hurry and get it better.

Robs said...

OUCH! That gives me the shivers! I hope he's doing better!

NatalieBee said...

Oh Kim that is soooooo awful, I can hardly stand it!! It just makes me sick to think about. Poor James. Poor you. It's so awful to be a Mom and watch stuff like that happen. You just want to die. I hope his tongue feels better soon, poor little guy.