Friday, April 17, 2009

A Celebration

A Celebration of Daniel Mark
On April 5th Daniel was given a name and a blessing in our church. Grandma Gina and Papa came all the way from Utah to celebrate little Daniel with us. It was so nice to have them here. The day was sunny and bright and I will remember it as a peaceful and happy spring day. We missed Papa and Nana who were not able to make the long trip. In an attempt to bring my parents along for the day, I asked my mom what she would serve as food at our celebration dinner. I took down the recipes and made them with her in mind. Sure enough, I felt as though my parents were nearby with every mouthful. I guess that's what is meant by "comfort food".

















































11 comments:

ellen said...

Sounds like a nice day. That kid looks a lot like you!!

Beth said...

So great you had family with you! They are a priceless treasure.

gloria said...

What a cute baby--he looks just like you did! All he needs is a curl on top. The food looks awesome. Way to go! I'm sorry I missed out.

Alisa said...

The picture of Daniel smiling with his grandpa is precious.

(And it comforts me to see that comfort food is available there.) :)

Gracie said...

I love you, Daniel Mark!

Robs said...

Looks like a great day. Daniel looks like YOU! He's so cute. The food looks good. My mouth watered when I saw the veggie tray. That looks so good right now. Might be making some of that this week.

Ashley and the Fam said...

He is getting so big! And he is soooo adorable! Those pics with grandma gina and papa are priceless! Wish I could've been there :)

Em said...

Daniel looks so big. I can't wait to see him. He is a cutie. He looks like you huh.

The food looks delicious!

lebaronfam said...

Thanks for the pic of your darling family that we got in the mail. Grandma Gina and Pops told us all about the wonderful time they got to spend with you. I wish we could see you more often. Looking forward to seeing you this summer. Love, Jan

Miriam said...

I loved that celibration! Loved the food Nana!

BigFunFamily said...

The picture of Daniel with Pops is AWESOME! Magazine-cover material : ) What a great idea for the food--I'll have to try that. I think you are right about the "comfort food" concept. I think Daniel looks a bit like my Robert at 4 months.