Monday, November 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home


On October 29th I came home from the hospital. Jim had to work all day, but Miriam was there with me at the hospital and helped me get discharged. We rode a cab home and when I walked in the door the house was the cleanest I have seen it in ages. On my bed were my pajamas and on my night stand was a bowl of cream of broccoli soup and toast. Susan Grace had taken the younger children to the museum near our home and the house was quiet and sunny. I set the baby down next to my bed. My children had worked so hard and it felt so good to be home, I started to cry. Later that night, the branch had a trick or treating party for the primary. Jim was still working. Pulling out all of the costumes (along with face paint) and getting the kids out the door was very overwhelming. For the second time in one day, I felt the burning sensation of tears welling up in my eyes, this time for a different reason.
Oh, no, here I go on the postpartum rollercoaster of emotions.






2 comments:

NatalieBee said...

I loved looking at your blog tonight. It's fun to see all the pictures, especially of little Ben. He's adorable. I'm so glad that he's here safe and sound.

Ann Z said...

So much going on in your lives, but I loved seeing Daniel in Emma's little bear costume, and Margaret in Susan Grace's Indian outfit from preschool - it makes me feel connected to all of you even though we have not seen you in ages. Ben is a beautiful baby, I hope that we get to meet him (and Daniel!) one day soon. Love to your beautiful family.