Thursday, November 10, 2011

5:15 p.m., October 27, 2011




Benjamin Paul Oldroyd
3.87 kilograms (8 pounds,
8 ounces)
51.2 centimeters (20 inches)


After six weeks of sporadic bouts of false labor, Benjamin's due date came and went; still no baby. With the exception of Susan Grace (my first baby), I have gone into labor on or before my due date with all of my other children. Much to my disappointment, it looked like I was going to have to be induced with this baby. Bummer! Knowing what I knew about my previous birth experience in Korea, I faced the facts: induction without epidural. Yikes.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

You are the best mom i love you so much! You are so brave.

Beth said...

Congratulations, Kim, Jim & family! I love the Korean characters in the first picture. Great name.

ellen said...

Wow! He's here. Many congratulations!

Gracie said...

Love you, Baby Benjamin!