Monday, April 12, 2010

Get to work

I've been known to barrel headlong into life's experiences. It's not that I haven't given these decisions good thought and consideration, it's just that once I decide, I'm done. I'm in a hurry to move forward. My courtship with Jim for example: it was three weeks from first date to engagement and three and one half months to marriage. Crazy.
Needless to say, I often get into these "headlong experiences" and think to myself, "I didn't know it was going to be like this."
That's what happened when I found out that there is no recess in the Korean elementary school. What? I was also a bit surprised when my daughter told me that the teacher hits the children with a ruler. What? Then I had to once again say, "What?" when I walked the children to their classes and the students were cleaning the school.

3 comments:

NatalieBee said...

Sounds like my kids could use a few weeks at a Korean school. I don't think it hurts kids to learn the value of hard work, and taking ownership in their school. I think us Americans could maybe learn a thing or two. :)

gloria said...

The school is great. The children are happy, productive, and respectful.

Robs said...

My kids need to go to that school too! I'd like to take a ruler to my kids on some days! Call me would ya?