Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Busy Bee

The other day I was "decluttering" our "project table" in the front room and I noticed this little packet of poems sitting there. Being curious, I read through the first one. I was really quite impressed and not having heard the poem before, wondered who had written it. I looked around the page for the author. I found the name, Susan Grace Oldroyd. That made me smile.

The busy bee
He's marvelous to me.

He buzzes and beeses
To flowers and treeses.

His motto is clear,
work hard all year.

Until he dies
and lies low with the flies.

All I ask is one little thing,
A very small thing.
Please do not bring,
A stinging sting.

Oh, Busy Bee,
You're marvelous to me.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Great poem, Susan Grace! Glad your mom rescued it from the pile. I like the rhymes and your polite request that he keep his sting away.

Happy 12th birthday (belated). . . hope the real celebration went better than the week with H1N1!

gloria said...

Such talent and insight for a 12 year old. Love the poem and the author!

BigFunFamily said...

We've been enjoying pictures of Susan Grace from Grandma Gina's calendar. The kids just watched Ella Enchanted and David went right up to the middle photo and pointed to Susan Grace and said "Ella! Ella!" I told him it was Susan Grace and he said, "No. Ella."

Becky said...

Impressive indeed! Clever, smart and creative little thing.

Morgan said...

Susan Grace continues to bloom and blossom. She's a terrific young woman and has been since we've known her.

Gracie said...

Thank you Mom. You made my day.