Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crash, Boom

On Thanksgiving morning I opened my laptop to get a recipe out of a file and my computer wouldn't start up. I was very impatient with this. Everyone was home from school and running this way and that. My place fell into rapid disorder as I made feeble and frustrated attempts to start my computer. My computer didn't care. It was dead and along with it all of my journals and thousands of photos. That night I lay awake thinking about Daniel. I have two pictures of him. I guess there is a deep dark black hole out there in "computerdom" with all of my treasures.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

There's got to be a way to retrieve your files, even if the computer is toast...I will ask Steve (he's my computer guy)--that seemed like it happened to my computer just recently, the computer is gone, but we were able to retrieve the pictures and some of my files. So sorry! What a bummer!

ellen said...

I use a back up system called mozy.com. It's $4.95/month and it backs up once a day. :) I agree with Ashley -- don't give up. I bet there's a chance you can retrieve your files.

gloria said...

I keep thinking about you and the crash. Any luck yet

toby said...

how about photos that you have sent to others? if you can't get yours, maybe other people can make you some C.D.s?

Good Luck, I know that is hard on a Mom.

toby said...

did the computer get wet?

recently I heard of someone that washed their iPod and later put it in a air tight container w/ rice in it, it began to work again.

sorry, don't know what you can do....good luck.

Gracie said...

I'm so glad that we were able to fix it! I still feel sorry for you and hope that you can completely repair it soon.