Thursday, August 6, 2009

Curtain Call

Every year the fourth graders put on a play. This year the play was broken into four shows and titled, "Tricksters, Fables and Fairytales". Miriam was chosen to have a main part in the final show: "Stone Soup". In the beginning I felt intimidated by this, especially when she brought home the 25 page script that she had to memorize. But, with very little help from me she memorized all of her lines and dances. She made new friends and worked hard. On the day before the performance I went over to the school and spent some time back stage during the dress rehearsal. Miri just beamed. It was fun to see her as a bright shining star of the show! It turned out that Miri was the very best part of the play:) Just ask me.
Miri as Sophia in Stone Soup




Miri and her 4th Grade teacher Mrs. Falgout

Miri and her best friend, Tabea.





Miri and the Director of the play, Mrs. Moon
































Miri also played a Japanese dancer in the show, "Crane Wife, A Japanese Fable".











After the show with her flowers. Way to go Miri!

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I love you! You are so sweet!
Love The Blog!

NatalieBee said...

I wish I could have seen the play. I bet she did do a great job. Maybe she'll grow up and be a famous Hollywood actress and take me to the Oscars with her... "I'd like to thank my Aunt Natalie..." Just Kidding. :)

gloria said...

What a wonderful opportunity. Miri, I bet you were awesome. Way to memorize all those pages and then recite them in front of an audience. I remember the one and only play I was in (4th grade--The Emperor's New Clothes). I had one line, forgot it because of stage fright and had to have another kid whisper my lines to me. It was one of my most embarrassing moments! You're a real pro and you looked like you had so much fun doing it!

Robs said...

I wish I could have seen the play! Way to go Miri. It looks like you had so much fun and I'm impressed that you were able to memorize all of those pages! Congrats!

Gracie said...

Well the costume was wierd, and the music was wierd and the script was strange, but when you have a genius as the main actor, it always turns out to be a sucess. I love you Miriam, and way to go!