Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy New Year: The Year of the Ox


Lunar New Year is one of the biggest holidays celebrated in Korea. This year is the year of the Ox. People born under the Ox are dependable, calm, and modest. Like their animal namesake, they are unswervingly patient, tireless in their work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint. These people speak little but are extremely intelligent.

Ox Years: '49,'61,'73,'85,'97,'09
Ox that I love: My mom, Susan-Grace, and Julia

It's gonna be a great year!

6 comments:

Em said...

I like that. I think that my sign is the dragon. What is it's meaning?

BigFunFamily said...

Thanks so much, Kim! I needed that today. I'll try harder to be the OX.

gloria said...

I knew Gracie and me were kindred spirits. Happy New Year. I will have to work on being a tireless hard working Ox.

Gracie said...

I'm awesome! (hee hee)

Em said...

Kim, I just noticed your new margin pictures. They are great. I guess that is a good reason to be in Korea. The kids look so cute and happy. What's it like to have that many kids?

NatalieBee said...

Get this. Dad is the year of the rat and so is Matthew - and they look just like each other. :)