Thursday, April 17, 2008

Snow? Popcorn?

When I was a senior in high school, my English class studied a poem that impressed me. I was stumped by the author's use of the word snow. I think (but I’m not sure) that this is the poem we studied:

New feet within my garden go
New fingers stir the sod;
A troubadour upon the elm
Betrays the solitude.
New children play upon the green,
New weary sleep below;
And still the pensive spring returns,
And still the punctual snow!
Emily Dickenson








Can you guess what the snow was?

I’ve learned that Korea is famous for its Cherry Blossoms, and rightly so. I’ve never seen anything like it.
"I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise.
Popcorn popping right before my eyes!"

7 comments:

Gracie said...

That is the best snow I ever played in!

toby said...

Lovely photos! Your spring is farhter along than ours. Enjoy!

Robs said...

The cherry blossoms are beautiful! Now that's my kind of snow!

Em said...

I always think of Mulan when I see a cherry blossom. They are really pretty. Loved the poem too. I have got to up do my blog...someday!

gloria said...

Very lovely spring. The pictures are beautiful. I loved the poem. We're still waiting for spring here in our lovely desert. It's 35 degrees today! You'll never want to leave Korea!

behka said...

What beautiful pictures! Maybe you have the 'greatest snow on earth' in Korea?

Janika said...

Oh my goodness, those blossoms are beautiful! If you ever get the chance, go to Chejudo in May--it's not too hot yet and the smell of orange blossoms is out of this world!