Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Box, A Bag, and a Boy


James needed one of my shoe boxes for a project at school. I reluctantly gave it to him. I liked my box. He knew that I liked my box and decided to make me a new box out of wood scraps from the garage. When the box was finished, it just didn't seem right to put my shoes in it. I looked around and wondered what we should put in this little box. Earlier that week, I had found a bag full of leaves and such in James' school bag. I asked him what it was. His reply, "Oh, those. Just stuff I found on the mountain that I liked." I looked again into the bag. I tenderly sifted through the leaves in the bag, impressed that James noticed them and thought they were special. I couldn't help but feel thankful that he noticed them. His "collection" showed me a side of his little boy heart that I didn't know was there. I decided they were the perfect things to fill this new box.

1 comment:

Crystal Ridlon said...

This is so sweet! What a sweet heart for wanting to make you something, and if your anything like me you'll cherish it ALWAYS!