Thursday, December 11, 2008

The St. Augustine Ball




This year the fifth graders were treated to a St. Augustine Ball. The ball included a Scottish band that was flown in from the U. K. and some nummy Scottish food. I enjoyed watching the fifth graders dance together. The uniforms were lovely and I just had to chuckle when the children grabbed each other by the wrist instead of the hand and avoided eye contact at all cost. Oh, the preadolescent chemistry emerges. The days of innocence are waning.





3 comments:

gloria said...

Gracie looks so cute and is growing up. I remember when I was in the 5th grade, and started thinking boys were cute. I was too embarassed and shy to look them in the eye. It was a terrible gawky time for me. But I did have fun with my girl friends. We had sleepovers, talked about the boys and laughed all night.

Robs said...

Great uniforms. Oh, to be in 5th grade again. Glad I made it through that horrible nightmare alive!

NatalieBee said...

That looks like a wonderful school program. Meg's was so (sorry to say) boring. She sang like two songs and the rest of the program was basically a book reading, from 4th graders that sounded like robots. I was so bugged. It was supposed to be a choir concert. It wasn't.