Monday, November 24, 2008

Horse Hunt

When we went on our trip out to the country, we were driving around and noticed a small sign on the side of the road with a drawing of a horse on it. Underneath the drawing was a phone number and an arrow. Having no idea what the sign meant and knowing that a phone call would be a dead end due to our lack of ability to speak Korean (I know, shame on us), we decided to follow the arrow and try and find the horses. After about an hour of searching and stopping by the side of the road to perform charades so that bystanders could guess what we were looking for, we found the coolest horse stable. My three oldest children had 45 minute horseback riding lessons. It was quite a find for a familly of seven that doesn't have a clue!

8 comments:

Em said...

It looks like your family is having all the fun!! I would love to have a horse back riding lesson!

Remember when we went horse back riding with Grandpa and you had to wear that gas mask??

BigFunFamily said...

Congratulations on finding the horses! That is awesome. Sarah sure loves to ride.

Alisa said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! The countryside sure is beautiful there. And that picture of Maggie is adorable!

Anonymous said...

the smiles on their faces say it all, definitely worth the hunt and the charades!

Happy Thanksgiving--Seoul Style

Don't you have an anniversary this week?

Ashley and the Fam said...

You guys just have one amazing adventure after another! Fun, fun!

NatalieBee said...

Okay, that picture of Maggie is absolutely adorable. Now I'm not getting how you were able to get near horses? Whenever I have seen you around a horse it hasn't been pretty. Don't you recall the hives and the closed airway? Even wearing a gas mask doesn't help. So what gives? Korean horses don't cause asthma attacks? I can't believe you were actually trying to find horses? The things you do for your kids, eh? What's the damage on 3-45 min. riding lessons? KACHING!! Boy you guys are livin large!!

Robs said...

That looks like so much fun. The first thing I thought of was Grandpa putting the gas mask on you! I too cannot figure out how you were around the horses...and pregnant! I'm assuming you survived since I'm viewing the beautiful pictures of your fun day. It looks awesome. The girls look like naturals in their horse attire. I LOVE the picture of Maggie. She's getting so big!

gloria said...

I bet the kids loved that! Riding horses is my kind of fun. Cute pictures--Maggie is so grown up. How is your asthma? They have horses in Korea? Go figure.