Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

This year for Halloween, some things were different. Susan Grace and Miriam were asked to work at a local Korean English Academy. They organized and played games with the children. They worked hard and earned a little money. I like the money over candy idea.

Some things were the same. A week before Halloween, our church had a Chili cook-off party. My chili didn’t win.



Some things were different: there wasn’t a Halloween costume parade or party at the school. What a relief!

Some things were the same: we went trick or treating on Halloween night and my children cried that they didn’t need jackets. Jackets would really ruin the effect of their costumes.

Some things were different: the neighborhood where we "trick or treated" was a gated expat community. It was a very small neighborhood, which ment very little walking for me. It was perfect.












Some things were the same: we got too much candy! James loves counting his. I think it could be considered a study in counting to one hundred. Candy anyone?

Some things were different: Susan Grace didn’t trick or treat with us and when we were done, she stayed for a Halloween party at a friend’s house. Can she be old enough to do that?










Some things were the same, almost.

10 comments:

BigFunFamily said...

Happy Halloween--and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUSAN GRACE!!! I'm sorry your chili didn't win. I know you make really great chili!! We are getting our first real snow today. Brrr!!!!

Em said...

I am glad that you celebrate Halloween in Korea. What would October 31st be without Halloween. I guess just another night.

The kids look great in their costumes. I love it!!

gloria said...

When I saw the pictures of the kids I wanted to cry. I'm so homesick for them. They all looked awesome in their costumes--good work, Kim and Nana!
Cute pictures of all the kids--They are changing so much. Happy Birthday, Susan Grace! Today is the 5th for us!jolymi

Anonymous said...

Very creative idea to use the "same" and "different." This posting was a topic at our dinner table tonight, everyone wanted to know what was the same, and what was different.
"Was it bigger than our neighborhood?" Bryn
"They don't celebrate Halloween?" Andrew
"What was the same, and what was different?" Nathan

Happy Birthday Susan Grace--is it 11 this year?

Ashley and the Fam said...

How old did Susan Grace turn?

And BTW, that second to last pic, the one of Susan, is sooooooo gorgeous! That is definately a framer!!!

Miriam said...

Iloved my costume thank you!

Gracie said...

I loved my costume, and hanging out with friends afterward. It just makes me sad though because Margerat didn't Trick-or-Treat last year, I will never probably Trick-or-Treat with her.

Robs said...

I love the pictures! The kids all look great in their halloween costumes. I love the picture of Maggie hugging her candy! So cute. I'm glad you had a great halloween...didn't see any BYU football players or cheerleaders...maybe you aren't that big of a fan anyway! Happy Birthday Susan Grace! We love you!

behka said...

Halloween looks like an adventure. I am so impressed with you! Pregnancy brings out the bahhumbug in me-getting started early with costumes. One of my kids dressed up as a witch and the others went as themselves. I ordered out dinner. It was fab. Your kids are beautiful!

toby said...

Love the photos, Thanks,
I know how you feel about her getting older. It is fun and exciting, and well (sniff) they don't need us quite as much as they used to.