Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Royal Celebration


We celebrated Margaret's 5th birthday by having our traditional "Princess Party". This celebration was an even bigger treat for me because I had all of the help of my three older daughters. Last summer, Anna stumbled across a book called, Fancy Nancy's Tea Party. Then and there she decided that she would use the ideas in that book when Margaret's birthday party came around. Anna followed through with her plans and worked hard. She made lollipop centerpieces, butterfly placemats, and lovely place settings. Miriam put all of her creative energy to work and made 18 pair of jingle socks (an idea from my dear friend, Trudy in Chicago). She also made 18 pink beanbags and we did the traditional "Bean Bag Song" by Hap Palmer. Gracie made princess crowns out of plastic tubing from Home Depot, glitter pipe cleaner, and silk flowers (another great idea of my dear friend, Trudy). Thanks to my friend, Sooyeun, we added face painting to the celebration this time.
































































1 comment:

Crystal Ridlon said...

She is a doll! Miss her smiling face!