Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Knit Hits



I finally finished my first project from the yarn shopping I did last summer in NYC. I made this pink hat. It was intended for Margaret, but I tweeked the pattern a little bit and it turned out to be too big. It kind of fits me. I wear it.
Last Christmas, I suggested that the girls try and make homemade gifts for Christmas. Miriam made skirts for Anna and Margaret and then knit this scarf for Gracie. She has a strong creative instinct. Gracie also did some nice work. She made me the bottom scarf.
Knitting is one of my favorite past times.




6 comments:

behka said...

Kim I love you! I miss you! I am thinking of you, hoping all is well. I love your creative kids and so happy for the youth that have you. Love you!

NatalieBee said...

I wish I knew how to knit. Do you wanna come stay with me for a couple weeks and show me how? I sure am missing you. I've tried to call a few time but you are never home. :( I love your blog, you do such a good job with it. You're kids are getting so big, especially Daniel. I love you and miss you SO much!

Gracie said...

I love to knit! We should come up with a project all together.

Robs said...

teach me!

Peg said...

I love the pink hat, I bet you look very cute in it. I can't knit to save my life, but I do like to crochet. I would have been very helpful making the skirts too. You amaze me that you just decide to do a project with Y.W. and you are not really sure how to do it and you just go for it. Wish I was that brave!

Alisa said...

That pink hat is so cute! I'm just starting to knit my first baby hat. I wish you were here to give me guidance. :) Wish me luck!