Sunday, July 18, 2010

NYC

The day before my birthday, Jim and I skipped off to NYC (just the two of us) inspite of a family epidemic of strep throat.
Some of the sights we hit:
  • NYC temple
  • Frick Museum
  • Broadway plays: Addams Family and Come Fly Away (neither one was fantastic-Addams family lacked umph and Come Fly Away was what Broadway call "sexy". I thought it was for the most part nauseating.)
  • Porterhouse Steak at Frankie and Jonny's (I think I ate a half a cow)
  • Strand Bookstore (18 miles of discount books=Heaven)
  • King Falafel (was awful)
  • Purl SoHo (yarn, yarn and more yarn=Heaven)
  • biking from Battery Park over to the Brooklyn Bridge and back up the Hudson river. I tripped while riding my bike (ouch) in front of ground zero. That shook me up and slowed me down. Still, I loved the ride and getting to see lots of NYC in little time.
  • Cafe Lalo (great desserts, you can try some fancy European cheeses too, just don't waste any). This romantic cafe is in "You've Got Mail"
  • Riding a rickshaw through Central Park
  • window shopping on 5th Avenue (Tiffany & Co.)
  • falling in love between the moon and New York City

Thanks Mom and Dad for babysitting my sick children!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Reallllly? You just took off to NYC? You two are something else! I guess if you are in America,...everything is just close by, huh? How great that you got to go alone. Great of your parents to watch the kids. SO FUN!!! Live it up.

Anonymous said...

We're going in October. We'll start in DC and work our way up to Boston. We'll collate your list with ours to compare.

Our plan is still to come out to the Orient (someone told me Orient is archaic and non-PC - Asia/Asian is the preferred term, which makes me love Orient/Oriental even more!) in the Spring, maybe mid-late May.

When is that Children's Day in Seoul?

-Morgan

toby said...

You are really a traveler.
How nice. I am happy you got to enjoy some time in the city.