Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Daniel


The short story of Daniel's birthday party is that I have an unfulfilled dream of having a really cool clown come to one of my children's first birthday parties and make balloon animals, paint faces and do silly prank tricks. As Daniel's birthday approached I began calling to find a clown for our party. I got a referral for one and had high hopes of my dream being fulfilled, but the clown would not answer her phone. I started to think it must be some conspiracy between the clown and my husband (who thinks my dream is overpriced and unnecessary). On the eve of Daniel's birthday, my visiting teacher called me and asked if her niece could come and paint faces at our party. I felt grateful for her desire to help me out. Anna also came to my rescue and dressed up as "Strawberry the Clown" and prepared a few games for the party. The question is: "Can 'Hobo clown' (from Margaret's party), 'Dot the Clown' (from James' party) and 'Strawberry Clown' (from Daniel's party) be enough to satisfy my clown dream?"
Really, I'm totally serious.
P.S. The little girl in the picture above is Camille. She shares Daniel's birthday, birth year and birth place. Her mom made the Diego/Dora cakes.


































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does that mean you need to have another little one for yet another perfect one year old birthday party? ! The kids are cute and you are always amazing.

NatalieBee said...

Kim, when are you going to realize that clowns are twisted and scary! Seriously. Have you not seen Poltergeist? Remember that hobo clown? I would think that would have cured you forever. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with Jim on this one. Maybe we could get a clown for your birthday this summer.

gloria said...

I think you should settle for Anna, the strawberry clown. She was the cutest and most remarkable clown I've ever seen. She was sweet, adorable, and didn't cost you a thing! Hopefully, this is the end of your dream for the perfect clown. Anna was it. Looks like the party was a hit and the cake looks delicious. Maybe you can make one for us this summer.