Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Never say never

Shortly after I had Susan Grace (almost 12 years ago), a friend of mine invited me to her house to make baby food. Having absolutely no interest in making baby food, but flattered she wanted to spend time with me, I reluctantly went with baby Gracie. Pretty much the whole visit I chummed around her house interested in many things (photos, mementos...) except learning how to make baby food. I was bewildered with her excitement and wondered what she had against the convenient Gerber jars in the grocery store?? I was disinterested to say the least, and left thinking, "Like I'm ever going to make baby food".
Fast Forward 12 years
Last week after feeding Daniel the same thing over and over again day after day, I peeled an apple and steamed it. Then I peeled some plums and steamed them. Now I was on to something. I started peeling peaches and carrots, and potatoes and sweet potatoes. After steaming each food, I pureed it in the blender. I got creative and began mixing different foods together. One mixture that I am really proud of is turkey and potatoes. Daniel has loved them all, except for sweet potato.
It was one of those moments in my life where I thought, "Boy, I've come a long way....."

3 comments:

BigFunFamily said...

That is awesome, Kim! I don't know how you have time to do all that!

gloria said...

What can I say? You're simply amazing.

Gracie said...

Mom, I love you. I'm so glad Daniel can eat good food! I hope that he will be smart and healthy because of that.