Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Han book Holiday

The girls' school has a week when they celebrate Korean culture. During the week they make Korean crafts, eat traditional Korean food, and learn more of the language and history. When Friday comes, all of the children are invited to wear Han book (traditional Korean dress). The school has built a new gate over the parking garage and it was dedicated as part of the Friday celebration. Miri absolutely loved wearing the han book. Anna wished she had one (next year, Dear). Gracie was perfectly happy in her Tae Kwon Do uniform. Anna and her good friend Rafaella, she's Peruvian.
Miriam and her good friends. Tabea (left), she's German. On the right is Bridget, she's American. Gracie with Mr. Pearson?

7 comments:

Em said...

So interesting. The girls look darling. Is that what they do instead of Halloween?

Ashley and the Fam said...

i love the costumes!

gloria said...

Wow--you're in another world! The girls look so cute. They look happy, healthy, and involved! I miss them. What a fun way to learn about the country.

BigFunFamily said...

Looks like an amazing school. Fun party!

NatalieBee said...

Wow, I have to say that I really do love all the diverstiy your children are being exposed to. I wish I had that for my children. Utah doesn't really have a lot to offer in that area. I love learning about other cultures. I just don't think I'm brave enough to actually live in them. I'm too much of a comfort Suzy.

behka said...

It all looks so festive! I love the outfits. Your girls are growing up so beautifully!

Janika said...

Oh, you're making me miss Korea and wish that my kids could dress up in Han Boks (with a long Oh like you might say in "oak" not "books"!) as well! Makes me wonder if mine still fits! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival--hope all goes well in the Korean hospitals.